Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Babies are pure magic! They are beyond precious, tiny and sweet and they have you wrapped around their little fingers!
They also change us inside and out! Since being a mother, I've realized so many things. Here are some of my favorites....
First, God gives us this intuition about our babies! Yes, our eighteen year olds are still our babies too! I know, that whenever I go with my gut feeling, I NEVER regret it. How can you? You were doing what you truly felt was best. I've only regretted decisions, when I went against my intuition.
Second, WOW the world is truly a scary place and fear strikes you like nothing else! You wish that you could protect your angels from everything, but you know you can't. It's such a helpless feeling!
Third, time can be such an enemy to mama's. Babies grow soooo fast. Everyone will tell you this, but you really don't know how fast it goes, until you experience it yourself. You will cry because your child has grown and there's nothing you can do to slow it down!
Fourthly, you lose your selfishness! No more going to the bathroom alone, showering along, sleeping alone, eating slowly, spending weekends laying on the sofa, watching all your favorite shows, etc. etc. Your babies needs out way your own most of the time and that's okay. Because they are the important things... (However, some mommy along time is a must to recharge!!)
Lastly, the JOY & LOVE that bursts from your HEART!! From the moment you hold your baby in your arms, to the first smile, first giggle...first everything!! You will feel true love bursting in your through your chest! It's magical! Then you will start crying because they're growing too fast! ;) Yes, the ugly cry!
Being a mom is one of the greatest gifts in the world (and one of the hardest) and cherishing special moments with my babies is one my absolute favorite things!
More of Bella's nursery here!
Thursday, April 16, 2015
From bump to baby! It's crazy that when these maternity photos were taken, Bella wasn't even here yet! Now she is one month old! Time goes by way too fast! It's a mommy's worst enemy as you know the time with your babes goes by at a blink of an eye and you wish you could slow things down. Some days, being a mommy is really hard and you want to pull your hair out. I have to remind myself to find joy in all this madness because one day, I'm going to wish for it back!
I thought it would be fun to add in some bump pics to Bella's one month photos!
Camden: Pants (Similar)
Thursday, April 9, 2015
My nickname as a child was Bag Lady! I always wanted to carry a purse and that has not changed. However, I am now a mom of two, both under the age of two! This means.....I need a big diaper bag that will function for two kids and a mama and also be very stylish. When I came across the JuJu Be Be Prepared in The First Lady, I was in love! This bag is all that and more! This is my third diaper bag and by far my FAVORITE!!! It's my Mary Poppins Bag. Scroll down to see what I pack in my diaper bag.
Here's the amazing features:
- Full zip-down mommy pocket for super access. ~ This makes finding things so easy!!
- Unique main zipper closure system makes for easy access.
- Memory foam changing pad included ... nice 'n comfy, super cushy. ~ This changing pad is very wide, so if your baby likes to roll like mine does...it's perfect!
- Picture pocket to keep photos handy when bragging to friends.
- 2 exterior insulated bottle pockets … with Thinsulate by 3M. Keep it warm? Keep it cold? Sure!
- Structured bottom with luggage feet.
- Color-coded tabs let you know which pocket is for which child.
- Tote handles can be tucked away and hidden when not in use.
- Teflon® fabric protector … helps repel stains.
- Agion® treatment protects the liner by inhibiting the growth of odor-causing bacteria, mold and mildew.
- Crumb Drains ... bye-bye mess! ~ Everyone with a toddler knows, that somehow there are always crumbs at the bottom of a diaper bag. All you have to do is unzip and swipe the crumbs out.
- Metal Hardware ... we don't trust any of the cheap plastic stuff. ~ Can we say, GOLD AND FABULOUS!!!
- Light-Colored Linings ... you can actually see what's inside, it's not just a big black hole in there. ~ My old diaper bag was all black inside and it was a big black hole!
- Quiet Magnets ... Velcro's noisy. Yuck!
- Machine Washable ... air dry. ~Any mama knows that machine washable is a must!!
- Includes an adjustable removable shoulder strap. ~When you have two babies...you need both arms free!
Bag for all my receipts
Eos Lip Balm
Baby Product List:
Diaper Rash Cream
GoGo Squeeze Apple Sauce
GoGo Squeeze Apple Sauce
Monday, April 6, 2015
I'm so in love with our baby girl's newborn photos!! If only she could stay this tiny just a little longer!! Graddy Photography is beyond amazing and we are so thankful to them for capturing this wonderful time with our babies!