Thursday, March 5, 2015

DIY Baby Monthly Age Blocks

Our baby girl is almost here and I just finished the last of my DIY projects last night. I'm in full nesting mode as our due date is tomorrow!! Anyone that's had a baby knows how crazy fast they grow and how special it is to get a photo or a thousand each month! Here's a little DIY tutorial for a monthly age block set! 
Or you can purchase them here on my Etsy Shop! 







Supplies:

2" Square Unfinished blocks {Michael's}
1 - 2" x 6" Long Square Unfinished Block { Michael's ~ near the wood plaques and other wood supplies.. My husband also cut it a bit shorter with a saw }
1 Pack of Letter & Number Stickers {Michael's}
2 to 3 Colors of Paint ( I used Martha Stewart Wedding Cake White and Rose Gold) {Michael's}
Paint Brushes in varying sizes

Directions:

Paint all your blocks and sides the background color of your choosing. You can also alternate background colors for more contrast.

Once the blocks have dried apply the numbers and letters. On one block I did: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and on the other I did 0, 1, 6, 7, 8, 9. For the longer piece of wood, I did week, weeks, month and months.

After the stickers are attached, paint the blocks again with the same background color. Let dry.

After the blocks are completely dry, the stickers should be stuck on very well. Paint just the number and letters with another color paint of your choosing or your alternating color.

That's it!!

Enjoy!

~T